The Indian River Autism Program is designed to support inclusion for students with Autism in Indian River School District. The IEP team designs an individualized support program in conjunction with the Georgetown Middle School. This programming has a small student to staff ratio and intensive supports build in for social, communication, and behavioral goal
Student Support Suite (SSS)
- SSS is a supportive service available to all IRSD students at the middle and high school levels.
- The SSS is staffed with a dually certified (special education and regular education) teacher.
- Continuation of current academic activities as SSS teacher collaborates daily with school staff.
- Small group instructional support.
- One-on-one instructional support as needed.
- Daily check ins with support suite staff.
- Immediate support, as needed, by a faculty member who is assigned in the suite.
- Weekly counseling, teaching and practice of mindfulness techniques, coping strategy instruction.
- Family check-ins.
- Access to mental health or school-based counselor for individual sessions as needed/requested.
- Behavior plan development/modification with supportive teaching of supports to student/staff.
District Intensive Learning Centers (ILC)
- Data-driven interventions implemented in a low student to staff ratio classroom setting based on IEP goals/needs.
- Weekly group and individual counseling provided by Schoolbased counselor, Special Outreach Service provider, or an IRSD Mental Health Counselor.
- Instruction provided by certified special education teacher.
- One-on-one support as needed.
- Social/Emotional Curriculum incorporated into daily schedule to include but not limited to mindfulness techniques, Positive Action and/or Second Step.
- Immediate access to counselor support when needed.
- Transitional support to regular education classrooms as per schedule and IEP transition plan. This also applies to the transition to the student’s home school for the elementary and middle levels.
- Access to district behavior specialist for classroom and plan supports as needed.
- Daily data collection on behavioral goals within the IEP.
- Opportunity to participate in all school-based events.
- Behavior plan development/modification across all classroom settings. Instruction on specific supports and plan implementation with the student.
High Road Classrooms
Indian River School District contracts with High Road Schools to provide a more intensive service for special education students with intense behavioral needs.
- 2:6 staff to student ratio.
- Intensive, specialized classroom-wide behavior support plan.
- Social-Emotional curriculum is used in group counseling sessions and incorporated into the daily schedule.
- Individual counseling with a Mental Health Counselor or Special Outreach Service provider.
- Tailored academic options to include instructional programs and web-based products and interventions to meet the day-to-day social-emotional demand of the student.
- Daily data collection based on behavioral IEP goals.
- Transitional support to regular education classrooms, to home school, and/or to community events.
- Participate in community-based activities and have the opportunity to participate in school-based events.
- District liaison and home school participate in meetings regarding student progress, goals.