The school counselors believe:
- All students have dignity and worth and have the right to be served by a comprehensive school counseling program.
- All students have a capacity to learn and to be supported academically.
- All students will be provided with a school counseling program that will be consistent with expected developmental stages of learning and differences in learning styles.
And that the school counseling program should:
- Be planned and coordinated by state-certified school counselors in consultation with other representatives of the school and community.
- Engage students in classroom, group and/or individual activities to enhance student learning.
- Provide academic, career, personal and social development for every student.
- Use data to drive the program development and evaluation, and actively monitor student results.
And that all school counselors:
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Shall participate in professional development essential to maintain a quality school counseling program.